Monday, April 4, 2016

I love this letter!!!! Enjoy!


Hey!

I appreciate all the emails! I don't have much time on the computer because all the new missionaries share 2 computer until we all get our own ipads in 4 weeks. So I am reading everything I just won't have time to respond for the next 4 weeks.

Another great week here in Jersey City. I love the people so much! I have so many stories and I wish I had the time to share them all, and unfortunately I am super crunched on time, so I am going to update you through pictures. 


This is a painting by a cute little girl named May-Lynn, she told me that the letters next to me in the picture say "I wanted to draw this picture of you because you are so awesome" I love her and her family so much, they are so helpful to me and my companion. the dad (Brother Balbuena) is a Return Missionary who went through some serious trials and has since become less active in the church but he has been coming out with us missionaries when we invite him and he feeds us all the time! I send pictures of them next time. 



This is a picture of me with the view from the stake presidents house, I love him to death! he comes out on team ups with us all the time, and shares great insights that really help people understand who god is and what his plan is for them.


These next few pictures will be of the graffiti I have seen around Jersey City, I love it because the city is full sadness and crime, but there are some people who create art just to make the city beautiful, and not for personal gain. Its something that is encouraged by the city. Its called "Jersey City, Make It Beautiful" This is just the stuff I have had the opportunity to take pictures of. My companion and I are very busy so I don't have much time to stop, but there are a few more that I have seen that are amazing. I will do my best to take pictures and send them to you guys!   







This is the view of New York from the northern part of my area, I am in a driving area because it is so big! My ward covers 3 missionary areas because the church isn't as strong here in New Jersey. There are wards in New Jersey that cover 15 high schools. But I like it because I get to see people from all different walks of life. There are the richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor in my ward, but they all work together really well. More and more people are deciding to join the church, so that they can lead better lives. It is truly amazing to witness.    




Last but definitely not least is this man. He calls himself Minister Peter. He lives a few doors down and every morning he is sitting in that chair and yells, "hey! Missionaries! God loves you! He told me himself!" definitely a bright spot in my day :)


That is all for now, I wish I had more time but I promise to go a little more into detail next week!

Love,

Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment