Monday, March 28, 2016


Hello everyone!

I am just going to dive right in. I am in the super ghetto side of Jersey City. I go to sleep every night to non stop sirens. There is so much unhappiness here. You never see a smile on anyone's face, everyone is yelling and swearing into their phones. It is as easy to spot someone in hand cuffs from your car as it is to spot a Mormon Temple from a Utah highway...But I freaking love it here! The members here are so unique and everyone is so open to what I have to say because they can see our happiness and want it for their own lives. 

I have the amazing opportunity to change the world from the ground level. On Friday we helped a 60 year old man Learn how to read.  On Thursday I got to meet with someone who is in the process of getting off of cocaine. on Wednesday I met with a 11 year old girl who has big dreams and aspirations, she said that since she had been baptized (a week ago) she really has started to believe in herself and who she could be because she learned from the missionaries that god had a plan for her. And that was the moment that hit me the hardest. It is the truth. God is mindful of each of us and has a hand in all of our lives. He has a plan for each of us, and as we choose him we can receive what it is he has in store for us.  

There is a member of the church who goes by the name Princess. 2 years ago she was a cocaine dealer, but now she has a firm belief in the gospel of Jesus Christ and has had a complete 180. I wish I had more time to tell her story but I am out of time.   

I love you all and your prayers mean the world!

Love,

Elder McOmber    




    
​

No comments:

Post a Comment