Thursday, December 28, 2017

December 28, 2017


 
Dear Brother and Sister McOmber,

Just a quick email to let you know what a great missionary Elder McOmber is.  I have attached a copy of a letter that was sent to Elder McOmber after he accepted a call to serve as a Trainer here in the mission.

We love and appreciate his good works so much here in the mission.  You can be proud of your son and all that he has accomplished here in New Jersey.

Love,

Sister Naylor



 
Hello everyone! 

The first week here in Bayonne was amazing!

I absolutely love it here and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. It is a branch but it is pretty strong. The chapel itself is probably the size of the primary room in the Sammamish Chapel. But it works! 

The people here are amazing! The branch president is this fired up, energetic, small Guatemalan. I love him to death and boy does he love missionary work. The primary program was yesterday. In the middle a young man who was about to turn 12 got up to give his line, because the entire program was in English it had to be translated into Spanish for those that only speak Spanish. The person translating happened to be the father of the young boy giving his part. After giving his part he said that he felt like he should give his testimony. He then went on to testify of how grateful he has been for the primary program in the church and how he has grown so much, he then started to cry as he explained how grateful he was for the church and this gospel. Then the father, with tears in his eyes, translated what his son had just said. Such a powerful moment, I am so grateful for all of the many people I have met here in New Jersey, and especially grateful for the time that I have been given to work with the members here in Bayonne, New Jersey. The church truly is the same everywhere you go.

My companions name is Elder Gwilliam, though these have been his first few days in New Jersey. He is already a great instrument in the lords hands.

I love you all,

Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment