Hello everyone,
This has been a crazy week! A missionary named Elder Woodward in the
Bayonne hurt his back doing pull-ups in his apartment so we have been
on a 7 day exchange, which basically means that I have been leading
out on a consistent basis for the first time. It came earlier than
expected but nothing I can't handle.
On Friday my Zone went to the Manhattan temple. It's amazing how there
is an immediate difference in feeling from when you are on the busy
streets of Manhattan to when you take one step into the temple. It was
a great experience, but we got back later than expected so it made the
rest of that day crazy. (Picture attached)
It was a sad day in Jersey City on Sunday. There is a member named
Sister Plange who is moving back to Ghana. She has been in the ward
for 30 years, and she is a ball of fire and a kick in the pants! For
those of you who knew my grandmother (Grandy) McOmber, she is the
African carbon copy. She gave her testimony in church, and it was one
of the best testimonies I have ever heard. She said, "I don't believe
testimonies are something you say, I believe they are pictures you
paint that depict your lifelong walk with Jesus Christ." After the
meeting she walked up to me and asked, "can I give you a hug?" Before
I had a chance to respond she gave me a huge hug. with tears in her eyes she said, "you better add me on facebook in two years!" I'm gonna miss her so much! (Picture Attached)
If I had to give you guys an update in one sentence it would be, I
love it here in JC, and I never want to leave.
Love you all,
Elder McOmber
No comments:
Post a Comment