Monday, June 6, 2016
Last post in May
Hello everyone!
It has been a crazy week!
So I had been in a 2 week exchange leading out the area, but a zone
leader tore his ACL in Irvington so my actual companion got emergency
transferred to Irvington. So now he is there as a Zone Leader, that
made it so that the Elder I am with became my companion until the next
transfers (or maybe longer). I miss my companion, but I am having
loads of fun with my new one. We are putting in WORK!
I don't think I have told you about Jahadah. We have a lot of people
we teach, all different ages and ethnic backgrounds, I will continue
to tell you about them over time so that it isn't just a flood of
words and stories. Anyways, Jahadah is so solid, she is a senior in
high school. She is a really good girl who just wants to follow God.
We have been through most of the lessons and we are excited for the
12th (her baptismal date).
Update on Arcides: we are taking him on team ups, he is awesome and
will be made a priest soon!
In studying the scriptures on my mission I have gained a really strong
testimony of their importance. A scripture that I came across this
week is 2 Timothy 3:16-17, it reads:
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
The scriptures are there to help us. I promise you that as you open
the bible or the Book of Mormon, read what it says, and apply it to
your life, you will make your life be better. You will be
"perfected."15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy
scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through
faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all
good works.15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy
scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through
faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all
good works.15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy
scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through
faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all
good works.15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy
scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through
faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Love you all!
Elder McOmber
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment