Monday, June 12, 2017

June 12


Hello everyone! 

So sorry I have been lacking on emails! Things have been crazy so not a whole lot of time to email. 

When it comes to the work a few things happened this week that were awesome. We have been working really hard and seen a lot of opposition. But we decided that it didn't matter what happened we would work hard and trust the lord. We have been going out and talking to as many people as we can and skipping meals. found a lot of cool people, but they all wouldn't really progress.  On Saturday night we knelt down and prayed. We have definitely been humbled. In that prayer we opened our hearts to god. We told him that we know that this is his work and that we are simply his instruments. We asked him to please allow us to more fully fulfill our purpose. Yesterday out of the blue 3 people came to church who we hadn't talked to and want to be taught. Then some other missionaries found a family of 3 from Nigeria. We taught them last night and they outright said they want to be baptized. I now have a testimony more than ever of Alma 26:12 (Book of Mormon) "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

I am so greatful to god for this time here in New Jersey. I have never felt so close to him in my life and this connection is something I want to maintain and strengthen for the rest of my life. If there are any of you who don't feel like you have a strong connection with god and want one, PLEASE talk to me. There are so many blessing waiting for you.

I love you all,

Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment