Sunday, July 3, 2016

Hello everyone!
I am sorry for the past few weeks, they have been crazy full days. But
luckily I have a little bit more time to tell you all about what is
going on!
About 2 weeks ago exactly we took a 18 year old young man named Kyle
on a team up with us to get him excited to go on a mission. We had
helped this nice women move and she invited us to come over, so we
were teaching her for the first time. The lesson went really well and
Kyle contributed a lot. And the end of the lesson we invited her to
follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. She said yes!
After the lesson Kyle was beaming, he loved it and wanted to come out
with us again. We invited him to think of some of his friends that
could use the message that we bring. The following Sunday he told us
that he had a friend that he had talked a little bit about the gospel
to and was interested in meeting with us. On Tuesday we met with him
and a very nice 18 year old girl. She is so sweet. We taught the first
lesson and once again Kyle was awesome. We extended the same
invitation to her and she accepted. After she said, "I can just feel
the happiness that comes from Kyle and you guys and I can't help but
to think it has something to do with the belief that you all share." I
am really proud of Kyle and the kind of person he is, and I can tell
he is getting really excited to serve a mission.
Speaking of going on missions, Jahadah wants to go really bad! She
went on a 4 hour long team up with the sister missionaries in our
ward and loved it! She got to sit in a lesson and contact some people
on the street. She said, "even though it really hurt to have a lot of
people reject me and what I wanted to say, I felt really good just
allowing them to have the possibility to have what I feel right now.
And of course it was amazing when the people decided to listen!" She
talked about how she wants all of her friends to feel what she is
feeling, so she is going to bring 2 friends with her to our next
lesson. Oh and Jahadah graduated this week! She was like "you should
be proud of me! At the after party I was offered weed and everyone in
the circle was telling me to do it and I said no, I am a Mormon and I
am proud." She is so solid.
We have been teaching this 18 year old named Tyrell. He is a humble
young man who has a sincere desire to follow God. Attached to this
email is a picture of us with him before he left for graduation. He is
leaving for Maryland for the next few weeks but he said he wants to
get baptized when he gets back!
Hopefully you all remember Arcides, he turned 16 on the 21st and will
be receiving the priesthood soon. We have been teaching his younger
brother Moses. He wants to follow his brothers footsteps and wants to
get baptized, and he wants Arcides to do the baptism!
I love being out here! I am so blessed to be here and meeting all of
these people.
I love you all!
Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment