Monday, July 31, 2017

July 31, 2017

 
 
Hello everyone!

Sorry I didn't update last week, I got my iPad Fixed!

Do you all remember Imojean from Paterson? She got baptized! It was
awesome to see her, and the baptism was very well put together. She is
going to be solid the rest of her life.

This week was fun, we have been working with this young man named
Ezekiel he came to church for the first time this past week. He has
been reading the Book of Mormon and is already in 2 Nephi! He is a
stud and a pleasure to work with.

I came across a great talk in my studies this week and I would like to
share a piece of it with you all. Elder Jeffery R. Holland said:

"My beloved brothers and sisters, I am not certain just what our
experience will be on Judgment Day, but I will be very surprised if at
some point in that conversation, God does not ask us exactly what
Christ asked Peter: “Did you love me?” I think He will want to know if
in our very mortal, very inadequate, and sometimes childish grasp of
things, did we at least understand one commandment, the first and
greatest commandment of them all--“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God
with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength,
and with all thy mind.” And if at such a moment we can stammer out,
“Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee,” then He may remind us that
the crowning characteristic of love is always loyalty."

I have read and listened to this talk many times but this time reading
it my mind went back to a poem that my father recited to me on many
occasions. It reads:

"I love you, Mother," said little John. Then, forgetting his work, his
cap went on,
And he was off to the garden swing,
And left her wood and water to bring.

"I love you, Mother," said rosy Nell.
"I love you more than tongue can tell."
Then she teased and pouted half the day.
Till her mother rejoiced when she went to play

"I love you, Mother," said little Fan.
"Today I'll help you all I can;
How glad I am that school doesn't keep!"
Then stepping softly, she fetched the broom,
And swept the floor and tidied the room.
Busy and happy all day was she,
Helpful and happy as a child could be.

I love you Mother again they said.
Three little children going to bed.
How do you think that Mother guessed,
Which one of them loved her best.

There have been many times where I feel like I have been either little
John or rosy Nell. But I know that moving forward I can become a
little fan. I know that if I work and serve god cheerfully throughout
my life I can one day stand before my savior and say "yea Lord, thou
kno west that I love thee." And have HIM know that I do.

I would like to invite you all to look into your own lives and find
something more you can do to serve god more fully

No comments:

Post a Comment