Monday, May 8, 2017

May letter! Good one!

Hey everyone!

Sorry for not emailing last week! Time got crazy and just didn't have
time for it.

Update on Rayza:
She loves the church! But more importantly she really likes our
message we share, it is such a blessing to teach her!

Miracle!! Remember Patrick?? He is back! He reached out to a member
who he knew from before when we taught him and wanted said he wanted
to meet! We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ and he said, you
know what, I'm not messing around this time, I'm getting baptized. It
was a super cool lesson. I seriously love Patrick!

Went on an exchange with Elder Bailey. I love him so much he is this
6' 6" 350 pound newer missionary who has so much confidence it's
awesome! He is so funny, probably one of my favorite missionaries in
the mission.

Spiritual thought:
This month is consecration month here in this mission. Basically we
start the month with a 24 hour fast from food and water. During that
fast we pray and focus on things we can give over to god, things like
our time, dedication, thoughts, desires. And focus on specifics on how
we can improve. I have done this once before in my mission and it has
been such a blessing. I know the more of myself that I give to God,
the more he gives back to me. A living apostle once said, It's amazing
how easy it is to find yourself when you are in the service of the
lord, the simple reason is there is so much more of us to find!
Another apostle said, our god is not a god with strict purtainalistic
requirements to receive his love and blessings, in truth his blessings
are like the rain coming down, and his commandments are loving
instructions on how to lower our umbrellas that we naturally put up
with our imperfections!

I would encourage you all to get on your knees tonight and ask god
what it is in your life that is holding you back from receiving all of
gods blessings.

Love you all!

Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment