Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November first week


Man this week was a real rollercoaster. But I only want to share one experience because it truly was an amazing experience. For sure one of the major highlights from the mission.

My companion and I have just been doing our best to talk to everyone. 2 weeks ago we started talking to this guy named Kulbir (pronounced Colby). We talked about the Book of Mormon and some of our basic beliefs. After a little while we told him that we would love to come back and talk to him more about our beliefs. He said I would love to but I don't have that kind of time. I said that it would only take 15-20 minutes and he was like, "REALLY?!" We were like yeah! And so we got his number, and we hadn't been able to contact him in 2 weeks until we got a random text from him during district meeting. we set up a time to meet with him and went and met him. We did some HTBT and found out his religious background, that he was from India and he is a doctor. We then started teaching the restoration. It wasn't until we got to Jesus Christ earthly ministry that we really got his interest. When we got to Joseph Smith, I recited the first vision and you could tell that it really hit him. I asked him, how do you feel right now? He said, I feel the Holy Spirit confirming that this is true. I testified that what he said was true because I was feeling it too. We discussed the Book of Mormon and why it is important and the priesthood being restored. And he told us he had been praying for spiritual guidance and help with his faith in the Christian God. With tears in his eyes he told us that we were the answer to his prayer. He then asked us where he could buy a copy of the Book of Mormon, and I told him "you can have this one." Giving him the copy I had in my hand. He took it and said "thank you, thank you so much." And then started writing on the first page. (Picture attached)

After talking a bit longer he asked about our belief when it comes to right after we die. He had heard people say things that weren't true about what we believed so we talked about how right when we die our spirits and our bodies separate. Our spirit then goes to a place known as the spirit world, I asked him "have you ever thought about how we are judged based off of whether or not we followed Jesus Christ and his teachings, but there are people who never even get a chance to hear about Jesus Christ? He said "I have been asking that question to christians since the day I became one. I told him that the spirit world was a place where those who didn't get that chance to hear about and follow Jesus Christ get that chance. Tears started to fill his eyes again. I told him that I know that God put us on Nassau street at the same time 2 weeks ago to give you this opportunity to hear about this gospel, he said, "I was thinking the same thing." Kulbir lives in Philadelphia so he will continue to be taught and go to church there, but I know that Kulbir was just as much an answer to our prayers as we were for his. I am looking forward to hearing about his progress as well as finding ALL of those God has prepared for us to find as we continue to "Open my mouth"


Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment