Slower week this week. Lots of contacting. Met some cool people though!
We met this one guy named Nathan. He thought we worshiped Joseph Smith, we explained to him that we are christians (we are the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints) he was super cool and after talking to him for 20 minutes about the importance of the Book of Mormon  he decided to take one and read it to know whether or not it is true. Super cool guy!
I didn't get a chance to talk much on it last week, but General Conference was awesome. It is such a blessing to be able to hear from God's Living Prophet and Apostles.
My favorite talk was by Elder K Brett Nattress, in it he said, "The gospel truly is about the one. It is about one lost sheep (see Luke 15:3–7); it is about one Samaritan woman at a well (see John 4:5–30); it is about one prodigal son (see Luke 15:11–32). And it is about one little boy who might claim he is not listening. It is about each one of us--as imperfect as we may be--becoming one with the Savior as He is one with His Father (see John 17:21). I testify that we have a loving Heavenly Father, who knows us by name! I testify that Jesus Christ is the living Son of the living God. He is the Only Begotten and our Advocate with the Father. I further testify that salvation comes in and through His name--and in no other way. It is my prayer that we will devote our hearts and our hands to helping all of Heavenly Father’s children to know Him and to feel His love. As we do, He promises us eternal joy and happiness in this world and in the world to come. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
I testify that everything he said is completely true. The gospel really is there for each of us. Heavenly Father knows you by name, and cares deeply about you! Â
Love you all and I hope you all have a good week!
Elder McOmber
Picture 1: all m missionaries in my original area on top of the church
Picture 2: my companion and me.
No comments:
Post a Comment