Monday, February 13, 2017

2/13/2017

 
We are working with this nice women named Marlene. Last Sunday she didn't come to church, so Monday we came by and read a paragraph out of preach my gospel about commitment (for those of you who don't know, preach my gospel is a manual for us missionaries to become better teachers). In the closing prayer she committed to god that she was coming to church! We then set a time for Thursday to come back for another lesson. On Thursday it Snowed a ton! It ended up being 8 inches! My companion and I ended up going around helping people get their cars out of the snow. Because we couldn't use our car we walked 4 miles in the crazy snow to get to Marlene. She didn't expect us to come so she was super surprised haha it was pretty awesome. On Sunday she came to church!  She had to help someone so she got back to her place at 3 am, but st church she said "it doesn't matter because I committed to god and you guys that I would be here." She is so awesome.

Patrick is doing well, he went through something really hard in his life, so we hit a few setbacks. But he is awesome and on the right track now.

Nothing too crazy happened this week but we have a lot going here in patty, I love it, I never want to leave.

Much love,

Elder McOmber

Here is a picture of my companion (second from the right) and the Spanish elders who cover our same area. Oh and the falls in Paterson haha

No comments:

Post a Comment