Sunday, February 28, 2016

Justin McOmber speaks in church today

Justin McOmber is just about to set off on his mission to New Jersey.  He is leaving in two days for the Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah, and he speaks in church today.  We have several friends and family attending this event and we are very excited about it.  We are grateful to the Graysons who are coming to the house to watch Gregory so the ENTIRE family can be at church together.  This will be a wonderful day.  We had some of his cousins spend the night and practice the song last night.  It was a fun evening to have them over and for us to work on the song to be presented today called the Greatest Gift.  The lyrics are very fitting for the day and we hope you have a good day!


The Greatest Gift lyrics by Afterglow
ldslyrics
The Greatest Gift
Words and Music by Afterglow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It happened oh so long ago,
In a time I can't recall;
But its spirit spans the years and comes to me.
A far greater thing than battles,
or when mighty kingdoms fall,
when a carpenter came out of Galilee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He taught the people simply,
in a way to touch their souls;
He opened the eyes of men so they might see;
And the precious truths he taught them,
and the simple acts of love,
have come down to touch the hearts of you and me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the greatest gift the world has known,
for the Savior to come down and guide us home.
A single heartfelt plea,
as he said, "Come follow me,"
He taught us all the way back home,
then lived it perfectly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They took this man, this carpenter,
and nailed him to a tree,
and he suffered pain no mortal man could bear,
when he took upon him all our sins
in the place Gethsemane.
I hope someday to understand,
the perfect love he shared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the greatest gift we'll ever see;
his sacrifice that someday we may be
together once again,
with our wise, Eternal Friend,
if we but meet out challenges
then strive on till the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the sweetest story ever told;
It means more to me then precious gems or gold,
Though the world may not believe,
it goes on eternally,
those ancient truths have been restored,
to set the people free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've got my chance to show him
the gratitude I feel,
and I'll go and spread the word to all I know.
With angels to uphold me,
and sacred truths revealed,
I'll share this testimony in my soul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the greatest gift that I can give,
is to show my brothers here the way to live.
With angels to uphold,
and these sacred things I hold.
I'll share this testimony from my soul.
I'll give to them the greatest gift I know.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for Justin and to follow his Journey on your Blog. We will be there today in spirit.

    ReplyDelete